MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title:Officer, Issuing (Inventory)
- Officer, Issuing (Inventory) is part of the Planning and Fulfillment department and would support the Inventory processes at the Opco.
- The inventory management process covers both trading stock and any other material that may be handled in MTN’s warehouse or by an outsourcing service provider. This includes devices, SIM cards, scratch cards, any promotional material and all network related inventory including spares, IT and others, where applicable. Furthermore, the processes incorporate latest trends in Inventory Management, which include vendor managed inventory, consigned inventory and logistics service providers. These processes would involve interactions with Opco, Centers of Excellence (CoE) and external suppliers, where applicable.
- Transfer of stocks and providing information with respect to the inventory status
- Coordinate with the warehouse / Opco for transfer
- Assisting and providing reports for calculating reorder level to the Senior Manager, Planning & Fulfillment
- Monitor inventory level on a regular basis and liaise with the buyer for expediting purchase order
- Review and track the status of the materials in case of return to the supplier
- Ensure the items for delivery are picked up accurately and in perfect order
- Record the transaction in a timely manner
- Gather BOM (Bill of Material) related information / data and provide input for creation of BOM
- Analysis of inventory to ascertain product obsolescence and providing reports to the appropriate levels for decisions related to obsolescence
- Make adjustments in the inventory with the approval from approving authority and ensure adequate documentation with respect to adjustments required to be made in the books
- Identify potential sensitive issues and escalate it to the appropriate level
- Prepare periodic reports related to the inventory and submit to the appropriate level
- Month end / year-end adjustments and closure of inventory related transactions
- Liaise with the other dept. for inventory requirement planning for the Opco and provide inputs on material planning
- Liaise with Opco Business Partner for ABC (activity based costing) categorisation of the product and defining min-max level
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office