The company is a leading Shipping and Logistics establishment with headquarters in Nigeria and global offices in: China, U.S and Belgium. Following its rapid growth and continuous global expansion since its inception a decade ago, the company has built a reputation for offering solutions-driven and value-adding shipping and logistics services to various clients locally and globally.
The company has two main divisions: first, providing international Freight Forwarding and Logistics Services with functional expertise in: Air & Sea Freight, Warehousing & Distribution, Packing & Removal, Customs Clearance, LCL Consolidation, Trucking Services. The second division, provides Oil & Gas Project Logistics, Heavy Lift Haulage and out of gauge Cargo Handling among others. The company strategy is hinged on: Investing in its human capital and service quality, while upholding globally accepted standards of doing business.
TRACE-certified and positioning to become a trusted African brand in its businesses, the company is in the process of implementing a 10-year business growth and expansion drive that will propel it into its vision.
Job Title:Procurement Manager
- The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing all purchase and supply relationship between the company and its suppliers. Will be required to identify potential suppliers (local and international), and negotiate and manage pricing with identified suppliers.
Specifically, the nature and scope of the role will include:
- Receiving all requisitions for Local Procurement as well as services.
- Maintaining relationship with vendors to assist with immediate response to enquiries.
- Identifying EPC companies and introduce the company’s procurement and marine services for possible business conversion.
- Ensuring that the items requested for are properly detailed and well captured.
- Conducting market surveys for product prices.
- Raising LPO’s to successful vendors, monitor supplies are delivered within stipulated time of the issuance of the Purchase Order.
- Liaising with Vendors and End-users to ensure that the correct material specifications are provided.
- Maintaining an updated LPO log which enables tracking and monitoring all LPO’s issued.
- Setting up frameworks for agreement and coordinating activities with the supply base, when and where required.
- Providing technical and commercial assistance to end users as may be required.
- Showing good knowledge of EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction), OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) in the Oil and Gas Industry.