CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Locations: Ibadan, Jos, Kano
Contract: 3 years beginning January 2017
- In close cooperation with local implementing partners in clusters 1-3, the Project Officer assumes responsibility for the smooth running of the project in the cluster under his / her responsibility from the planning phase to final evaluation, including reporting.
- The project officer will report directly to the Programme Director.
Planning and Implementation:
- Detailed programme planning with implementing partners and other stakeholders at the duster level
- Strong collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the governments
- Elaboration of a detailed cluster-level logic framework
- Elaboration of cluster-level overall and annual project budget
- Elaboration of cluster-level overall and annual project activity plan
- Deliverables and milestones planning
- Breakdown of complex activities into tasks
- Updates on risk assessment (and risk management)
- Regular updating of all plans
- Facilitate cluster meetings and joint activities
Monitoring and Knowledge management:
- Monitor plan design and implementation
- Data collection
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Recommendations and corrective measures
- Scheduling of evaluation, including ToR’s development, consultant selection, evaluation coordination and integration/use of recommendations in decision-making
- Documentation of lessons learnt and good practices
- Monitoring expenditures, particularly with regards to activity bum rates: and account for funds
- Monitoring/progress reporting, accounting to donor’s requirement
- Other types of reports issuing
- Prepare project briefs, reports and presentations as required
Partnerships and advocacy:
- Partnerships implementation and follow up (rights and obligation)
- Capacity building needs identification and implementation
- Oversees advocacy activities at the state/ cluster level
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary.
- Contribute to the development of individual annual key performance objectives
- Develop individual annual work plan
- Monthly report of activities to the line manager
- Participate in individual annual appraisal.