Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it's partners, Save the Children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP).The program's goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Coordinator
Summary Scope of Work
- The Quality Improvement Coordinator (QIC) will report to the State Team leader and provide technical support for the implementation and monitoring of quality improvement strategies and activities at the level of project-supported health facilities (HFs).
- The successful candidates will also contribute to the development of innovative approaches in the areas of quality and performance improvement.
- The QIC will work with the LGA health coordinator and managers and providers in. the health facilities to ensure that the projects strategies for the delivery of high impact quality improvement in health services, especially around the day of childbirth), are implemented.
- In particular s/he will be responsible for continuous post-training supervision, mentoring and on-the- job training to service providers focusing on quality improvement.
- The QIC will be responsible for ensuring that providers keep comply with set performance standards in their service delivery and observe the use of service protocols and provide on-the-job training as needed.
- In collaboration with the State ministries of health (SMOH), LGAs and other MCSP staff and partners, the QIC will assist in defining critical training needs and organizing in-service training activities as needed to support quality of care.
- The QIC will work in conjunction with the SMOH/LGA supportive supervision teams to continuously provide supervision at the health facility level, identify bottle necks to quality services and work with the health facility teams to identify and implement solutions.
- The QIC will support facilities to establish quality improvement teams with regular documented meetings, ensuring-their participation in the learning platforms.
- The QIC will ensure the implementation of quality improvement teams work plan and achievement of their targets.
- Implement a quality improvement plan for service delivery points within the state, and implement and monitor the new WHO Quality of Care (QoC)/SBM-R initiatives in HFs across the State.
- The QIC will support the monthly data collection, results reporting, documentation and data visualization using the appropriate quality improvement template.
- S/he will contribute to writing of the project quarterly report especially in the area of quality of care and improvement, including identifying success stories and keeping a photographic and written record of highlights of field activities.
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by his/her supervisor.
- Documented and accurate reports on types of On the Job support provided during quality improvement visits conducted
- Number of supportive supervision visits conducted with documentation on the number of providers reached.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant high impact interventions for reduction of maternal, newborn and child mortality and use of such in providing support to service providers.
- Up to date knowledge of quality of care issues and able to support providers in its implementation of their quality of care work plans.
- Technical inputs and contributions as technical support to overall State MCSP work plan implementation.
- Support provided to technical training events especially in quality improvement capacity building of health workers in the State.