Nexleaf Analytics is a nonprofit technology company located in Los Angeles, California, USA. We develop and support affordable wireless sensor devices for critical public health and environmental interventions around the world (www.nexleaf.org). Partnering with leading institutions such as Google.org, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Qualcomm, the World Bank, and Vodafone Americas Foundation, Nexleaf helps deliver safe vaccines to over 6 million children and connect 1,000 rural homes with mobile money payments for reducing carbon emissions through cleaner cooking in 7 countries, including India, Mozambique, and Kenya.
We wre recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Field Coordinator (Independent Contractor)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duties and ResponsibilitiesNexleaf is expanding our two projects, StoveTrace and ColdTrace, into Nigeria. The Regional Coordinator will need to manage her/his time to meet the responsibilities in each project.
StoveTrace enables real-time monitoring of cookstoves. StoveTrace combines robust wireless sensors with powerful cloud based analytics to collect data on improved cookstove usage and facilitate data-driven decision making and responsive interventions. Nexleaf is taking StoveTrace to Nigeria, and looking for a Regional Coordinator to provide technical support and customer service to partners in the following way:
- Provide on-site trainings to partners about the StoveTrace product, installation and troubleshooting
- Respond to partners’ questions and requests about the project remotely over the phone or email, or in person
- Communicate regularly with Nexleaf staff about project status and progress in the field
- Manage multiple cases at a time and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to address all issues
- Handle import and export of materials, testing and kitting of sensors, and maintain real-time inventory of equipment.
ColdTrace is a wireless remote temperature monitoring (RTM) solution designed for vaccine refrigerators in rural clinics and health facilities. The Regional Coordinator will provide technical support and customer service to partners in the following way:
- Provide on-site trainings to partners and users about ColdTrace device installation and monitoring
- Set up a central service center to manage service support for our devices
- Travel to sites regularly to ensure quality of implementation
- Track project priorities and project planning metrics
- Form and maintain relationships with partners and sub-contractors
About the Position
- We seek a full-time independent contractor to oversee two projects in Nigeria in improved cookstove usage and clean energy sector, and in the health sector & cold chain management.
- We seek an independent person with proven customer service experience and the ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- He/She should become an expert in identifying problems, developing solutions, and coordinating with the team to implement them.
- As we are a diverse team comprising many nationalities, cultures and geographical locations, we strive to develop a global workforce sensitive to the context of the people we work with. Experience in rural areas is a plus.