360 Degree Habitat Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Resident Engineer.
Job Title:Resident Engineer
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage contractors and coordinate with outside agencies, design professionals and other project participants in the successful execution of the construction, schedule, cost, contract administration and quality aspects of buildings/highway/bridge construction projects
- Overseeing the technical aspects and Supervising the progress of various construction projects.
- Provide supervision/direction/training of staff with Inspection, documentation, and safety awareness
- Review design of building structures. Investigate and recommend design changes to the plans
- Responsible for bidding various documents related to construction aswell as evaluating the bids of the contractor.
- Starting equipments and process systems in order to turn it over to the construction staff.
- Supervising the field staff in order to ensure that quality is maintained.
- Supervising inspectors, administrators and sub contractors regarding technical aspects.
- Estimating the cost and quantity of materials required in a project.
- Ensuring that quality is maintained the construction process.
- Identifying technical faults and trying to rectify.
- Coordinate with contractor, client, and staff daily to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Interpret, organize, execute, manage and coordinate assignments on projects
- Identify/communicate resources needed to address successful execution of projects
- Monitor construction project activities and maintain proper documentation of the work
- Provide advice/consultation to client on construction matters, including compliance with federal/state laws & regulations
- Manage several projects at one time and be highly organized
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure materials meet specification and contract requirements
- Prepare and process change orders
- Attend progress meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Review and recommend approval/denial on contractors' submittals
- Oversee and develop staff
- Assist in development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients