WaterAid Nigeria, an International non-governmental organization operating in Nigeria since 1995 to bring about needed improvements in safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sanitation Marketing Consultant
Locations: Ekiti, Enugu
Schedule: Full-time position (6 months); renewable based upon availability of funding and performance
Reports to: Sanitation Marketing Manager
- The Consultants will support WaterAid’s SanMark effort as part of the Sustainable Total Sanitation (STS) project - which is aimed at building the supply of aspirational, affordable sanitation solutions for Nigerian households, as well as helping generate awareness of, and demand for, these products.
- The Consultants will lead, coach, and support WaterAid's SanMark effort at the State level during this critical scale-up phase.
- The Consultants will assess and improve the business model and implement other needed actions in order to expand the market and increase sales.
- Support local SanMark entrepreneurs to effectively produce and market household sanitation solutions.
- Track and analyse sales patterns, pricing, sales commissions, credit options, incentive schemes, and other elements of the business model.
- Recommend and implement any needed changes or improvements to the business model.
- Work with WaterAid staff and local project partners to organise and conduct effective marketing and sales events.
- Explore locally available financing options for sanitation businesses as well as consumers, promote awareness of these options, and help facilitate access to financing to the extent practicable.
- Support information sharing and collaboration with Local Government and project partners on relevant issues.
- Provide support to periodic project research efforts (carried out by WaterAid or partner organisations) in the target areas.