African Development Bank (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Job Title:Secretary/Receptionist - Ethiopia Country Office (ETFO)
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery’responsible for operational relevancy, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities.
- The VP-RDIBD will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its RMCs and will oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
The Hiring Department:
- ETHIOPIA Country Office (ETFO) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Secretary/Receptionist.
- This position is based in Addis-Ababa, Ethiopia and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Receive and greet visitors including maintaining visitors’ book and responding to routine requests for information from the public.
- Screen telephone calls by providing information and/or directing them to appropriate staff
- Receive and screen all correspondences and distribute them to Resident Representative Secretary.
- Provide secretarial assistance to include but not limited to typing, formatting, photocopying, printing, faxing, and filing (electronic and hard copy) documents to Country Programme Officer (CPO), sector specialists and visiting Missions as well as provide backup to Secretary to the Resident Representative.
- Manage all public spaces of the office ensuring general upkeep; inventory of equipment and supplies, and provision of hospitality services.
- Maintain copies of all selected articles from national papers and maintain a simple Database of all these articles.
- Make travel arrangements for CPO, sector specialists and visiting Bank missions.
- Act as Secretary for taking and distributing minutes of staff meetings.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by Resident Representative, CPO and sector specialists.