The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) was established in 2005 as a non-profit organization and networking alliance of African Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET is dedicated to helping ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, and sustainable programs with capacity to improve public health systems partnering with global public health experts.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Data Manager
- As Senior Data Manager, direct other HIV data management staff in the performance of data analysis and oversee all HIV data management activities to meet program objectives.
- Oversee the design of data collection, entry and reporting instruments, including paper forms, mobile phone data entry and computer data entry tools as needed by the HIV project.
- Oversee the design and update of databases, including creating automated reports, queries and other functionalities in Access and other platforms (e.g SQL)
- Oversee data management support to NFELTP and residents:
- Conduct analysis and interpretation of both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Perform electronic data collection, GIS Map analysis for GIS Projects
- Dashboard review and data quality checks
- Provide data for partner reports, donor reports and presentations:
- Work with local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Build capacity of local partners in data management and use of monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Support AFENET team on the implementation of various HIV projects including AIDS indicator surveys.
- Support National and State level capacity building activities
- Support National and State programs on data quality and use:
- Represent AFENET and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- A university degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics or Epidemiology
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, data management or related field
- PhD or its equivalent in relevant area will be an added advantage
- An experience / graduate of the FELTP program will be an added advantage
- A qualification in Laboratory Medicine will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria programs or related health service programs; and/or impact mitigation programs in the West African context.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Experience in Programming Language such as Python, C++,PHP, .Net and other languages
- Experience in GIS map analysis (ARC GIS, QGIS, Health Mapper)
- A good demonstrable experience in various scientific studies, surveys data analysis and management
- Professional training and extensive knowledge in field epidemiology including publication and presentation at international conferences.