Plan International is an independent child-centred international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation.
Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria. Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Delivery Facilitator
Reports to: Head of Health and National Program Manager
Duration: 3 years
- Provide support in the development and implementation of the project’s strategy to ensure gender sensitive and responsive health facility and community MNCH service delivery within a cluster of Local Government Areas.
- Work with Gender advisor and M and E advisor to ensure gender equality is mainstreamed at the local level and project outputs are adequately documented to feed into Performance management framework.
- Ensure compliance with all donor program and operational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and facilitate the training activities of Health service providers including community health workers, in line with project standards.
- Participate in the development/adaptation of state and local supportive supervisory mechanisms and its implementation including providing feedback to stakeholders.
- Participate in program research processes in the project, including facility assessments and identification of key needs address service delivery gaps.
- Work with community demand creators to strengthen linkages and ensure alignment of demand and supply side interventions, including addressing demand/supply side issues at project level.
- Work with health facilities and partners to develop and monitor facility improvement plans, including application of standard based management and recognition protocols.
- Contribute to the implementation of a gender responsive emergency transport system at LGA and community levels in conjunction with NURTW, WDCs and other stakeholders.
- Regularly review community and facility level data, including collection processes to track progress against planned service delivery outputs and outcomes, using RBM methodologies.
- Responsible for regular and timely updates and reports, including success stories, best practices on supply side activities to inform project programming decision making and advocacy efforts.
- Carry out regular advocacies to local stakeholders to improve and sustain facility and community
- MNCH service delivery.
- Work with Gender advisor in identifying and updating gender barriers to MNCH service delivery outcomes and addressing them through supply side interventions.
- Work with M and E unit to ensure relevant and quality information is provided to make evidenced based service delivery decisions at the community, facility and LGA levels.
- Maintain good relationship with the Primary Health Care Development Agency, local government authorities and stakeholders, including health facility staff.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by supervisors