FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (RMNCH)
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Technical Officer (M&E) Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH), under the supervision of a Senior Technical Officer (M&E) and with technical oversight from the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, is responsible for the implementation of RMNCH M&E activities in supported states.
- S/He will be responsible for working with state and Local Government Area (LGA) level health authorities, health facilities and other partners in the state to strengthen RH/FP programmes and ensure that state M&E RH/FP activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- The position also involves analyzing data and providing written and oral reports related to the analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the progress of RH/FP activities; develops charts and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports
- Work closely with other FHI 360 state officers in collation of RH/FP and RMNCH related reports
- Provide technical support to health facilities in ensuring that data are accurately captured, analyzed on monthly basis, used for decision making and reported to the LGA according to set guidelines
- Facilitate training of data officers in the state and LGAs on the use of the RMNCH data collection tools, data quality assurance and the DHIS
- Conduct quarterly DQA in selected health facilities in collaboration with the LGA focal persons and LGA MNCH officer
- Support LGA and LGA MNCH officer in ensuring that data from health facilities are accurately collated and reported according to set guidelines
- Provides leadership and technical oversight for the implementation of RMNCH -related activities
- Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of RMNCH and data collection activities;
- Document best practices and share lessons learned from implementation RMNCH activities
- Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Any other duty assigned