JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Batch Plant Operator
Job ID: 646
Reporting to: Plant & Equipment Manager
- To operate batch machinery and prepare construction materials. They operate the machinery to mix, crush, segregate different ingredients like asphalt, sand, stone, naphtha etc. to produce construction material
Key Aims and Objectives
- Observe and follow Health & Safety Rules and Policies at all times, ensuring all other persons working in and around the batching plant do the same.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate the batch machinery and set up the configuration to regulate flow of raw materials, temperature and pressure at prescribed levels
- Make adjustments to several machinery parts like conveyors, pumps, motors, levers, shakers, agitators, pipelines etc.
- Make certain that the machinery is cleaned and repaired regularly so as to maintain its efficiency
- Test sample sand confirm consistency with the quality standards in respect of viscosity, acidity, texture, dryness, properties, chemical composition
- Operate the batch machinery to heat, dry, mix, crush and carry out other manufacturing processes
- Make certain the raw materials are mixed in proportionate quantities to ensure quality end product
- Report of any breakdowns, mechanical issues or any other required repairs as soon as they occur
- Weight the raw materials before production and the processed materials after production and accordingly make entries in the log book
- Monitor; review all plant stock levels on a regular basis.
- Communicate continuously with Supply Chain department as to the requirements for the following day.
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Supply Chain