Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- The Finance Assistant has responsibility to support Payments, receipts and disbursement of funds. He/she will provide support to the finance unit in Kebbi field office.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Writing of Checks as approved by relevant budget holders
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance officer
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Officer for cash replenishment(including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid vouchers on GLACOS on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly Bank and cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager