FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- This position will report to the Associate Director, Finance and will be responsible for providing constant reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets.
- He/She will also be responsible for maintaining FHI 360 Nigeria’s accounting systems, providing technical and application support for the accounting system, and trouble-shooting issues relating to the system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare pipeline reports covering all Nigeria portfolios.
- Provide support to the Associate Director, Finance in the forecasting, monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probability.
- Analyze budget patterns and project expenditures.
- Develop cash flow projections for funded and support activities.
- Ensure that expenditures for budgets, grants and contracts are monitored and the reports are prepared to maintain balance account.
- Administer the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to sponsoring organization’s stipulations and appropriate guidelines.
- Provide instructions and answer questions relating to budget procedures, provide budget recommendations to a wide range of issues.
- Assist in overseeing the preparation of monthly payroll and pension remittances.
- Provide support to the AD Finance in managing implementation of custom changes to the accounting system.
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls and audit trails are maintained throughout all transactions.
- Provide support to the zones and field offices in monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Monitor budgets and financial reports for all IA sub-agreements not directly managed by the field offices.
- Build the capacity of finance staff in financial management support and reporting and provide professional support to them.
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets.
- Resolve problems with country office cash advance and financial discrepancies.
- Prepare and manage cost proposals in response to RFA’s, RFP’s and unsolicited proposals for new funding opportunities as needed.
- Ensure availability of funds by reviewing Final Cost Objective (FCO)/ Award ID Code requests and enter budgets into the general ledger system.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor, to include assigning of responsibilities, conducting performance reviews, assessing and identifying development opportunities that strengthen the organizational role of Finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.