Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Admin Assistant
- The Logistics/Admin Officer is responsible for managing logistics staff, vehicle fleet, assets, communications, procurement, security and properties to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the Save the Children programmes in SC Nigeria.
- Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Key Areas of Accountability
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
Asset & Facility Management:
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Ensure the telephone system is operational and cost effective (PABX and CUG). Report any defective equipment or service. Check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs
- Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost. Report any defective IT or office equipment to IT Officer.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available on request.
Procurement and Supply:
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with capital office if procurement must be conducted there
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
- Assist the Front Desk/Admin Assist in procurement and distribution of Mobile phone cards to staff
Communication and Security:
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use
- Report all security incidents in writing in a timely manner
- Supervise and ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner
Coordination & Reports:
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the Office Assistant, drivers and any other logistics support by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programmes and capital office
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update Asset Register and send to capital office every month
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to capital office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager