BOURBON operates in 45 countries, with a modern and standardized fleet of more than 510 vessels and 34 operating affiliates. The group is a service provider leader in the offshore oil and gas industry.
Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited offers a latest generation fleet, ideally suited to meet the specficic requirements of the most demanding oil and gas clients.
There are two types of crewboats: The FSIV, for emergency supplies and the transport of emergency service teams and the Surfers for the transport of staff to and between oil & gas platforms under the best safety conditions.
BINL is looking to recruit an
Job Title: OSV Fleet Manager (170011)
To deliver the Offshore Support Vessels (OSV) fleet management service, which includes:
- Guarantee the best HSE & operational standards
- Guarantee the highest technical availability of the fleet
- Ensure that vessels are operated by highly qualified crews
- Optimize cost effectiveness
- The main point of focus shall be to reach the highest client satisfaction at best cost.
- The OSV fleet management is ruled by the shipmanagement agreement with contracting commpanies.
To deliver the LSA services, which include:
- Logistics services to BINL and other affiliates vessels
- Technical support to BINL and other affiliates vessels
- This service is ruled by the Logisitics service agreement (LSA)
- To supervise HSE department which leads HSE through all BINL activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
To supervise fleet management team, with a permanent focus on quality of service delivered to contracting companies and to final clients.
To ensure BINL Shipmanagement in compliance with mandatory codes and Bourbon standard.
- Client satisfaction (CFF)
- OVIQ scores
- HSE performance (injuries, incidents, nearmisses)
- OSM performance (OVMSA & OSMSA level, SMS reviews & implementation)
- Technical Availability (PMP, UPMP rates)
- All vessel certificates up to date
- Audits NCs
- Updated Operation action plans
- Vessel visits.
To supervise the fleet management team, with a permanent focus on Cost optimization. It includes :
- To operate the vessels in a cost effective manner.
- To lead the preparation of OSV budgets
- To ensure budget follow up and cost monitoring.
- To ensure that insurances claims for OSV are properly followed up.
To ensure efficient coordination with marketing teams by:
- Ensuring formal and timely handovers as per contract deployment form.
- Collating feedback on each client requirements and difficulties to put vessels ON HIRE, in order to ensure a continuous improvement in contract deployment.
- Sharing constraints regarding maintenance of vessels to optimize planning and utilization rate
- To ensure permanent and smooth coordination with contract management by:
- Promoting transparent communication between operations, contract and vessels.
- Promoting client-oriented behaviours among his teams and crews.
- To provide support to any queries from Business Management Director who acts as client satisfaction process owner.
- CFF scores
- Client complaints and awards
To manage interface and coordination with all other related departments (HSE, procurement, quality, HR, crewing…)
- Manage relations between his team and other departments
- Escalate to other head of departments or MD in case of blockage or difficulties
- Propose process changes to facilitates smooth and efficient service delivery.
To ensure records as per procedure and lead reporting OSV Fleet management activity:
- Internal BINL report
- Contracting company shipmanagement quarterly report
- OSV fleet management report to corporate.
To deliver the Logistic and technical support Services as per LSA at best cost by:
- Ensuring day-to-day internal clients (BINL and other shipmanagement affiliates), through provision of logistic services
- Optimizing the logistics costs
- Leading the cost control process for logistics services
- To supervise the BINL HSE team ensuring continuous improvement of operational safety management knowledge and application.
- Promote the HSE culture onboard vessels and at shore bases,
- To support the vessels and Client Satisfaction Chain management in achieving and maintaining compliance with BINL HSE expectations, based on and aligned with BOURBON HSE Plan requirements.
- To organize and manage onshore team and resources in the most cost effective manner.
To ensure long term management of staff:
- Responsible for the overall planning of staff with a view to implementing NCD directive of training Nigerians and placing them in suitable supervisors/managerial positions.
- Ensuring Shore based slaff and crews receive necessary trainings to enable them perform their duties effectively.
This position reports to the MD