The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s station in Abuja:
Job Title: Accounts Technician II
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Process accounts payables/receivables and key transactions into the Oracle Application;
- Handling of blank cheques during working hours;
- Handling local payment;
- Assist the Finance Unit on bank reconciliation;
- Assist in the reconciliation of statements of account of local suppliers;
- Relieving the Finance & Administrative Assistant while on leave;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.