The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works
with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan.
Ref: IITA-HR- NRS2017-016
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support to the coordination of proposal development;
- Assist with the administrative process/review of all drafts;
- Liaise effectively with scientists with regards to proposal development;
- Assist with all administrative duties in support of PDAU (facilitate calendar, travel authorization, contacts, unit meeting with scientists and donor/partners and also create/review documents, etc);
- Monitor unit cost center and facilitate any administrative cost in Oracle;
- Generate draft of monthly reports of PDAU’s activities;
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned the supervisor.
- Manage proposal development aspects of PDAU;s intranet site and database processes
- Upload and proposal calls on the intranet and ProMIS;
- Upload, update and report on information in relation to PDO’s map;
- Prepare and upload PDO news stories and documents onto the intranet as instructed;