Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. With more than 3,900 humanitarian workers employed, and an average of 180 projects per year across 25 countries throughout Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, COOPI is the biggest Italian NGO.
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014. The COOPI Nigeria Field Office is located in Potiskum, Yobe State, in order to cover five LGAs in Yobe State and to provide direct assistance to the IDPs and their hosting communities, through a multi-sectorial programme covering Food Security, Nutrition and Child Protection interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BSFP Warehouse Tally Clerk
Location: Yobe (Bade, Damaturu, Jakusko and Potiskum)
Project / Programme: Multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in NE Nigeria
Reports to: BSFP Storekeeper
Duration of the Project: 6 months (with possible extension)
Duration of the contract: 6 months (with possible extension)
Starting Date: ASAP
Scope of the Vacancy
- The BSFP (Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program) Warehouse Tally Clerk will be responsible for the implementation of WFP-funded BSFP interventions in Yobe state (Bade, Damaturu, Jakusko and Potiskum) focusing on programme support activities.
- He/She will account and maintain the records for all commodities received, stored and dispatched in compliance with COOPI and donor (WFP) guidelines.
- The Warehouse Tally Clerk is responsible for documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage and delivery of all food commodities.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Storekeeper and in collaboration with the Project Manager and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, He/She will:
Management of commodity reception:
- Ensure that all commodities arriving at the warehouse and leaving the warehouse are properly accounted for.
- Conduct a thorough inspection of all trucks on arrival at the warehouse; ensure that trucks are properly covered with tarpaulins and there are no unauthorized commodities mixed with food;
- Fill in the truck inspection reports before commencement of offloading;
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill;
- Supervise the offloading staff during the process of offloading commodities and make sure that it is properly undertaken. Ensure that commodities are carefully being inspected and counted during off-loading before being accepted in the warehouse;
- Stack commodities according to type and shipment number;
- Stack commodities on pallets and ensure a space of one metre between stacks and wall, stack and stack, stack and ceiling is maintained;
- Report any shortages, damages or excess to the Storekeeper and reflect such differences in all copies of the delivery documents;
- Fill in all stack cards immediately after completing stacking;
- Fill in all forms (waybill, loading & offloading tally sheet and random weighting form) during and immediately after completing the offloading process. Record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged, if any.
Mitigation of commodity losses:
- Use FIFO principle for each commodity. Commodities arriving first must be dispatched first except for reconstituted commodities.
- Short weight and damaged bags are reconciled immediately.
- Stack damaged bags separately
- Record quantity of damaged units for each consignment
- Repair bags as soon as possible.
- Repack damaged bags in to new bags protected by plastic bag.
- Reconstituted bag should be dispatched first.
Maintain of Shipment and loss/damage registers:
- Responsible for maintaining the shipment and loss/damage register for the district.
- Maintain a register of all commodity shipment received.
- Maintain a shipment file with all the original supporting documentation of each shipment of commodity received.
- Maintain a register of all losses/damages that were incurred in the districts during commodity movement (receipt, dispatch, distribution).
- Maintain a loss/damage file with all the original supporting documentation of each transaction for each loss/damage report.
- Consistently and routinely clean the warehouse in order to safe keeping of food commodities.
- Ensure warehouse compound is clean and free from debris, vegetation, rodent activity and has good drainage and lighting.
- Ensure inside of the warehouse floors, walls and ceiling is clean at all times.
- Ensure warehouse door are well fitting, secure and sound.
- Ensure windows and ventilation in good repair and screen to prevent access.
- Ensure placement of rodent’s baits and traps.
- Ensure presence first aid and firefighting equipment in strategic locations in the warehouse.
- Conduct routine inspection of warehouse to detect any infestations and inform the Storekeeper.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)