Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Childrens mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Assistant
- The Child Protection Assistant will support the Local Engagement Officer and CSOs partners to improve timeliness in project implementation in the communities, influence and bring about change in the awareness, attitudes, behaviours and policies related to the rights of children in the state of posting.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Work with the Local Engagement Officer in monitoring CSOs weekly activity plans and follow up on implementation of activities in the 6 project communities of the state.
- Support the LEO to conduct spot checks on activities being implemented by CPCs through the CSOs and provide weekly update.
- Support in planning for trainings and state level meetings; raise procurement requests for hotel bookings, training materials and feeding arrangements and provide report.
- Develop a state office weekly project report of activity carried out
- Support with collation of beneficiaries who have completed vocational training and ensure proper distribution of start-up kits
- Influencing: Support the VS&L and Advocacy Officers to follow up activity plans for CSOs, CPCs and Village Agents in the 6 project community of the state.
- Collaboration & Representation: In accordance with project’s goal, support in influencing and promoting positive attitudes and behaviours and awareness raising of children rights.
- Represent Lifesteps project at the community and state level as directed by the LEO.
- Programme Development: Maintain strong relationship with CSO partners in the state.
- Provide support to project team for any field level research work in terms of community sensitization and other preparations.
- Perform other tasks, as required, to ensure the smooth running of the country programme.