International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CMAM Assistant
- The incumbent will be responsible for the overall implementation of CMAM in collaboration with other nutrition and SMOH staff and integration with other programs.
- S/He will facilitate good practice and ensure compliance to applicable implementation of national CMAM guidelines.
- Plan and organize OTP at designated OTP sites in liaison with SMoH staff and nutrition officer.
- Work closely care group promoter supervisors, care group promoters and lead mothers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to OTP sites.
- Work closely with other partners implementing SC for proper referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at SC level
- Take lead on the CMAM services at fixed and mobile outreach OTP sites
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/SC.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure all children in OTP are immunized according to the national protocols.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to the SC.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
- Through liaison with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems... etc.
- Provide key health and education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the OTP sites.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly
- Provide a daily and weekly CMAM report to the nutrition officer.
Min Required Experience: 1 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualification and Experience
- Registered nurse with a Degree in Nursing in a recognized Nurse training institute.
- Over one (1) years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF programmes
- Valid and current practicing license. Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Borno State are encourage to apply
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's addressed to the "Human Resource Manager", International Medical Corps via email.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
About International Medical Corps (imc)
- Type: Nonprofit
- Headquarters: 12400 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1500 Los Angeles, CA 90025
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization established by volunteer doctors and nurses. The organization provides disaster relief, delivers health care to unders...Know More about International Medical Corps (imc)
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
1 Position - Not Specified