North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the below position:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator - II (Officer Level)
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Community Development Facilitator-II (CDF II) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions.
- The CDF II will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the YL/GL phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities.
- This position will be based at the state office, located in Adamawa and with planned expansion, other parts of the State, with program activities expected to be carried out in the field Offices.
- This positions will be based in Adamawa. Travel is expected.
- The CDF II will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NRTI-funded activities or potential activities.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Community Development Facilitator-II reports to the State Program Manager located in Adamawa.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for NRTI activities.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for NRTI support
- Work with State Program Manager (SPM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to SPM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with NRTI staff to ensure project attendance at local events.