Essential Job Functions:
The Content Manager is engaged to provide leadership and editorial oversight to the production process at Equal Access and AREWA24. Duties will include but not limited to:
- To work with the teams to develop new programming formats for in house production.
- To work with the teams to develop special programming for special events and occasions.
- To be responsible for the production of any third party programmes commissioned for the channel by other donors. Producing briefs, budgets, scripts and reports as required by the project.
- To work with HOPCB to finalize each programme that airs on AREWA24.
- To be editorially responsible for all programmes produced and advise on the content, format, and messaging of the original productions.
- Managing the production teams to ensure that they are all hitting their deliverable targets on time.
- Checking running orders and scripts to ensure that editorial quality is maintained.
- Overseeing the programming produced by external production companies to ensure that they meet the channel editorial policy providing feedback where neccessary.
- To be ultimately responsible for the overall editorial quality of the programming produced ensuring that all production is up to acceptable broadcast standard.
- To be responsible for the setting up and management of the Content Advisory Groups for each programming department.
- Participation in daily production meetings to review programmes delivered and provide input into the planning of future programmes.
- Providing feedback to Producers and making suggestions to content.
- Directing and producing the programme when necessary
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Updated CV, cover letter and references The title of the position applied for should be clearly stated on the email.
Note: We may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.