GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ECDP Finance
- The Early Career Development Programme is a 12- month programme designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa. The programme purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online training. Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
- As a key pipeline for future GE talent, the candidate will be required to provide support to the business in area such as financial planning, accounting services, operation analysis, controller ship, forecasting, treasury, and commercial finance.
- Support Accounts Payable team with accurate coding for all invoices
- Preparation of journals to correct any accounting errors or other entry during monthly / quarterly closing
- Participate in periodic profit & lass (DR4) analysis Controllership:
- Review of general ledger to ensure correct coding of all profit & loss entries
- Support with preparation of trial balance and supporting documentation for all statutory audits
- Ensure all journals are electronically filed and referenced for ease of access when required
- Support with closure of account reconciliation (ART) open items
- Support with preparation of accounts reconciliation to validate ending balances in the GL on a quarterly basis
- Support with monthly reconciliation of all payroll deduction accounts
- Support with monthly filing of all PAYE/WHT/VAT and other related taxes
- Publish accounts reconciliation dashboard during the quarterly rec cycleOthers
- Special projects: ad-hoc management reporting to support decision making
- Any other task that may be assigned by the "Other SSA" leadership team