RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
RTI International is implementing a USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level. This project ends in September 2017. The position is open to residents of Nigeria only.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Grants Director
Job ID: 17626
- The Finance and Grants Director will report to the Chief of Party and provide oversight for all financial and grant-making aspects of the project.
- Candidate should possess strong management, administrative and communication skills (including report writing).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the finance and administration functions for this large, complex project and ensures compliance with RTI and USAID procedures;
- Manage finance, grants, and information technology (IT) support to the project, requesting direction from RTI headquarters business partners as needed;
- Work closely with COP, technical staff, pertinent RTI regional and home office staff and appropriate USAID staff when necessary to ensure project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored and reported in achieving project objectives and results;
- When necessary, work closely with key RTI staff, government and non-government officials, contractors and USAID staff to ensure full compliance with local laws (e.g., with respect to taxes, pension, shipping, customs, registration) while integrating with RTI systems and procedures;
- Provide training and guidance to state finance officers and sub-grantees on managing project expenses to annual work plan and contract budgets;
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables);
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project;
- Prepare biweekly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow and reconciles cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances;
- Manage and monitor performance of office petty cash system;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervise and mentor project staff.