International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Finance Officer provides day-to-day financial support on one or more programs/grants, including the processing of transactions, adhere to donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures, reporting, and assisting in financial analysis.
- Finance Officer reports directly to the Finance Manager
- Accounting and Finance Support to Grant/Contracts
- Assist program staff with day-to-day accounting operations and financial support in accordance with donor/client and International Medical Corps internal policies and procedures
- Ensure required preapprovals are secured in advance of incurring an expense
- Prepare procurement requests and ensure all approvals are secured and coordinate with logistics department the delivery of services and goods
- Account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy, and control over payments
- Prepare ad hoc logistics and financial reporting to aid in tracking and reconciliation of transactions
- Maintain accurate financial transactions and grant/contract records
- Assist program staff and finance department in meeting donor/client and internal reporting requirements
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for submission to donor on or before the deadlines
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly Pipeline.
- Prepare Cash request projection to HQ/country office.
- Ensure timely deductions and remittance of relevant statutory payments.
- Research on financial compliance topics.
- Maintain frequent communication with Program Staff, and Field office Finance to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated clearly.
- Work with program and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs is within budgeted targets.
- Attend coordination meetings upon need.
- Respond promptly to internal audit's queries.
- Interface with service providers on service delivery, invoicing and processing of payments
- To work closely with IMC sub-grantee(s) finance staff (s)