Terragon Group - We pride ourselves as a new Media business focused on Africa. We have built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content. Within digital we understand the interplay between content and platform and we have business verticals that deliver on both components of the digital world.
The Engineering team is a fast growing group of talented engineers responsible for developing innovative, cutting-edge solutions to the business problems faced by the advertisers, publishers , Telco and content owners in Africa Engineers at Terragon face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time
Our developers work on an exciting mix of both Greenfield and existing projects, giving them an opportunity to explore new technologies.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new product features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your teams services in a distributed production environment.
- Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Work closely with DevOps engineers to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable.
- Develop diagnostic and troubleshooting tools and processes
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- Lead architecture, design and code reviews as well as mentor junior engineers. Working on different aspects of the core product and associated tools, (server-side or user-interfaces depending on the team you'll join)
- Assisting with in-life maintenance, testing, debugging and documentation of deployed services
- Creating the supporting functional and technical specifications.
- Estimating the effort required to develop and implement.
- Supporting release and implementation of developed features.
- Adhering to coding standards development processes.
- Help champion a maintainable well designed Â codebase and look for ways to further improve our applications internal design, thinking about build, deployment, object oriented design, automated testing, error handling, logging, monitoring, et al