Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Accounting and Controlling
Accounting Principles and Practices, Business Guidelines processes and procedure:
- General Supervision of the accounting and controlling process.
- Ensuring that books and records are kept in quality and for best-practice financial reporting that meets both internal and external requirements.
- Also oversight that accounting regulations as per Siemens FRG and local GAAP as well as corresponding Cluster regulations are adhered to and that country regulation are implemented.
Provides Center of Competence for the Country Finance Community:
- Supports on A&C topics to the business in the Country and governance on Cluster level.
- Ensures meeting local regulations. Provides support on A&C topics to the business of all companies in the Country.
- Supports governance and execution of accounting and controlling for meeting local regulations (tax requirements, external audit, local laws, contractual requirements, expertise in local GAAP tax and legal processes).
Planning and Budgeting:
- Provides advice to the Accounting & Controlling Community that reflects best practice.
- Supervise the infrastructure budget planning process and support the Business Unit process of forecast and budget implementation in line with defined Siemens Guidelines
- Provides organizational leadership in area of expertise in order to ensure the attainment of key strategic goals. Facilitates team goal setting and problem solving.
- Facilitates the development of individual development plans for team members
- Risk Management
- Recognizes, understands and acts against financial risks in an organizational context
Company approval (B/S, P/L, CF - local GAAP):
- Ensure that appropriate and comprehensive procedures, instructions and deadlines for period-end financial reporting activities are documented, approved on an annual basis, communicated and are sufficient to meet all of the company's reporting responsibilities in a timely manner, Appropriate processes and controls are designed and operated to ensure the completeness and accuracy of financial statements and financial status reports delivered to CF by all consolidated entities in accordance with the defined deadlines.
- Ensure that the consolidation process is performed completely, accurately and in a timely manner within own area of responsibility
Management Function (Management Accounting & Finance):
- ICS, incl. SOA for Accounting and Finance Department (Update Documentation (language), Perform ICS Self-assessment / Testing). Support the SOA Officer in fulfilling his/her tasks: ( e.g. Control process clarification)
Closing, Consolidation and Financial Reporting:
- Preparation of closing instructions local GAAP together with senior management, defines, communicates and applies responsible policies and guidance for financial reporting,
- Ensure any local or business specific IFRS financial reporting guidelines are in line with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines. Differences between the accounts prepared under IFRS and local GAAP are properly recorded and analyzed.
- Ensure Minimal Differences between HB I and HB II. Obtain a certificate of exemption where original accounting entries cannot be made in line with IFRS due to conflicts with local laws and regulations (FA).
- Successful candidate will report to the Chief Financing Officer (CFO).
Min Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Relevant Bachelor degree; master degree will be added advantage
- Professional qualification ICAN, ACA , ACCA
- Minimum of 10 years post NYSC experience;
- A good analytical skill, high level of integrity; multi disciplinary skill and member of leadership team
- A good communication and presentation skills
- International exposure will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should