Cummins Inc is a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager-170001DD
- Manages key product line lifecycles. Understands and interprets market and industry trends. Leads the marketing initiatives for new product introduction and existing product change introduction.
- Develops the long-term product line strategy, forecast, and the annual operating plan.
- Provides product line budget requirements into the business unit annual operating plan.
- Drives the development of product introduction plans.
- Develops all aspects of the marketing mix to ensure the successful launch of new products and throughout the subsequent lifecycle.
- Presents marketing approach for functional review and to the change management review group.
- Drives pricing activity throughout the product lifecycle.
- Drives available marketing resources and uses those resources appropriately and as needed.
- Ensures that the product branding strategy is implemented effectively, and leads and supports internal and external communications in relations to the product range.
- Protects intellectual property of the organization, and works with legal counsel and engineering to ensure asset protection.
- Uses market research capabilities to plan for and implements an appropriate approach based on the understanding of Cummins’ target market and competitors.
- Defines and adopts, in the target market, a specific stance relative to the competition with the use of market research capabilities.
- Drives improvement of customer satisfaction and solves elevated customer issues in relation to product.
- Drives management of the product lifecycle; determines when products should be deemed obsolete.
- Develops, implements, and measures results of product promotions.
- Collaborates with other functions and global locations to ensure global profitability of the product line.
- Recommends marketing process changes that will improve Value Package Introduction and Value Package Change processes.
- Develops work plans for Product Managers and Associate Product Managers to deliver product line results; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs.