Nationdelivery Nigeria Limited - Our company is the Africa market leader in global express, Logistics. Nation delivery Nigeria Ltd , is a company registered as a logistic under cooperate affair Commission RC 1038133 since 2012 and infrastructure with the introduction of online tracking ensuring that we can continue to handle your parcels with greater speed precision, and bring cheap parcel delivery to the masses, so we are best placed to meet the rapid growth in demand within the express parcels market.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
- A results driven, self-motivated and resourceful logistics manager who is also a practical hands on operator and has a track record of contributing to the overall growth strategy of an organisation.
- Having a proven ability to ensure first class delivery to the customer base, and experience of working with general merchandise and supply chains / distribution networks.
- Responsible for managing the loading of vehicles and motor bikes, completed stock and load bay areas.
- Planning and scheduling the delivery of goods
- Identifying & delivering operational cost reduction and cost avoidance initiatives.
- Making sure that project deadlines are met.
- Responsible for a team that include drivers and delivery operatives.
- Ensuring that all set targets are achieved.
- Negotiating the services of 3rd party carriers, couriers and haulage companies.
- Managing supplier delivery performance and maintain supplier contracts.
- Negotiating pricing with local carriers.
- Visiting hubs sites around the city
- In charge of HGV vehicles and also a team of transport planners.
- Cost management and reporting.
- Development of the logistics supply base.
- Supporting other departments within the company.
- Identifying key transport cost drivers.
- Managing import and export via external distribution teams.
- Managing all supply chain activities.
- Taking into account capacity and planning ahead accordingly.
- Developing robust processes & policies.
- Implementing new processes and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of social media and how to use internet very well.