Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
- The Nutrition Assistant will primarily be responsible for delivery and follow-up of training of key stakeholder on nutrition in link with the response in North-Eastern Nigeria.
- This position will be responsible for implementing the nutrition behavior change activities.
- Directly implement the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the nutrition officer.
- Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings and trainings during community led nutrition activities.
- Mobilize mothers to form groups and encourage them to select the treasurers and secretaries of the groups.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities with support from the nutrition officer.
- Create awareness and sensitise the community on optimal IYCF practices, malnutrition, the causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
- Participate in screening of children less than five years, referral and follow up of malnourished beneficiaries at community level.
- Implement sensitisation activities for targeted communities about IYCF with support from MOH, community leaders and other key stakeholders at LGA level.
- Coordinate all activities very closely and in collaboration with MOH and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate good working relationship between ACF and target beneficiaries.
- Ensure timely submission of weekly reports, monthly reports and MUAC screening data & reports to nutrition officers for compilation.
- In collaboration with the nutrition officer and DPM develop success stories, lessons learnt and case studies.