Active Voices tackles critical issues paramount to health and development. Through advocacy, research, partnerships and program interventions, we improve the health and rights of children, youths, women and girls.
We are a nascent non-governmental; pro-girl; pro-women and pro-youth organization with a focus on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), education, gender equity and gender based violence (GBV). Active Voices works in collaboration with a broad range of organisations. Active Voices is seeking professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Duration: 6 months (Renewal subject to availability of funds)
- Active Voices is implementing a project titled “Targeting the Current and Next Generation of Parents to End Female Genital Mutilation”.
- This project seeks to inform and involve existing youth networks in the movement to end FGM; and enhance the capacity of health care providers on social change communication to become advocates and promote the abandonment of FGM.
- This project is funded by The Girl Generation
- Under the supervision of Program Coordinator, the State Program Officer performs functions related to planning, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities for the project in the state.
- The candidate will match program activities with the logistics and financial requirements to create an enabling environment necessary for carrying out all project activities including meetings, trainings, research, supportive supervision and stakeholders’ engagement.
- The position reports directly to the Program Coordinator, and requires a Nigerian resident in Owerri with strong leadership, managerial skills, a high level of independent action, and a focus on innovation and strategic direction in capacity building, social and behaviour change communication and basic understanding of female genital mutilation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate Active Voices’ entry meeting with relevant ministries, departments and agencies of the Government of Imo State
- Assist the Program Coordinator in the preparation of project outputs such as progress reports, briefings, presentations according to the donor guidelines.
- Coordinate the implementation, monitoring, supervision and evaluation of the project in the State.
- Coordinate input from various technical, program and administrative staff to ensure that all required reports (Program, M&E, Finance, logistics, etc.) are prepared and submitted within the expected time frame.
- Provide technical, administrative and substantive support for consultations and other meetings, conferences, workshops, identifying participants, follow-up and coordination with participants and invitees in addition to supporting logistic arrangements.
- In coordination with finance and operational staff, develop and review activity budgets and procurement plans for Active Voices activities.
- Provide content for project website, working with the program officer and communications team in Abuja to keep content current. This will include drafting content, interfacing with staff members to develop progress/success write-ups, sharing Active Voices photos and event summaries as needed.
- Liaise with other staff to write and produce programmatic reports of programmes, projects and activities of the organization monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with technical specialists.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required.