- Have at least a Masters Degree from a recognized institution. Possession of a Ph.D will be an advantage.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer with a minimum of five years experience on that rank from the Polytechnic system.
- Have relevant qualifications and taught in an approved discipline available in the Institution.
- Exhibit evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership.
- Membership of professional body(ies).
- Produce evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of learned papers at educational conferences, seminars or workshops.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Demonstrate capacity to generate funds/research grants from donor agencies.
- Provide evidence of medical fitness from a recognized hospital.
- Be morally sound, of impeccable probity and integrity, free from financial embarrassment.
- A successful candidate must not be more than 60 years of age at the time he/she assumes duty.
Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another four (4) years, and no more. The salary and other conditions of service are as approved by the Federal Government.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of their applications including photocopies of their certificates to the Registrar indicating:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- State of origin and Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number and dates of birth of children
- Permanent home address
- Email address(es) and phone number(s)
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications with dates (Certified copies of Certificates to be attached)
- Membership of professional bodies/associations
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Scholarly publications
- Records of employment(s) and positions held
- A short write-up of not more than 300 words of the applicant’s vision for Kaduna Polytechnic and Polytechnic education
- Names and addresses of three referees
The applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes, labeled “Application for the Post of Rector, Kaduna Polytechnic”
Candidates should also request their referees to send confidential report on them in sealed envelopes labeled “Confidential Report” to:
Tudun Wada, Main Campus,
Note: Candidates will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other credentials at the interview.