Qualities and Qualifications
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- Must hold a minimum of a Masters Degree in area related to any of the programmes offered in the Polytechnic from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least 17 years cognate professional and academic experience from a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer with not less than five (5)years on that cadre.
- Must not be more than 60 years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative, leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body(s) in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publication in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers in educational conferences, seminars and/or workshops.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision or sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic under financial and other constraints.
- Must be fair minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnical, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption.
- Must be ready to encourage the on-going Federal Government change programme in the Polytechnic sector.
- Must be morally sound and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- Must be proficient in information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Possession of Ph.D in relevant discipline would be an added advantage.
Terms of Appointment/Condition of Service
The appointment is for the initial term of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another final term of four (4) years. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are expected to submit 15 typewritten copies of applications including photocopies of certificates and curriculum vitae giving the details in the following order:
- Full names (Surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Number and ages of children
- Current postal address including GSM no. and e-mail address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of professional bodies/associations
- Honours and Distinction (if any)
- Academic/scholarly publications (in standard format)
- Conferences attended with dates and papers presented with dates
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates
- Present employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Evidence of community services
- Self vision for the Polytechnic
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three referees (Employer, Educational and Personal), who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar, The Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu, Yobe State. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic, management capabilities and personal integrity.
Applicants will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the post of Rector” as the case may be on top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu,
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.