MTN Nigeria is a leading telecommunications company in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our
employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Media Management
- To lead the tasks of optimizing media and marketing communications across all brands and channels to contribute to meeting key marketing and business objectives
- To lead and drive global “best practice” in media planning and integrated marketing communications strategies and to deliver strategic advisory for the business with a through-the-line modern day communication ideas and media channel deployment to constantly drive awareness and lead generation.
- To drive MTN’s Digital strategy and execution in terms of all deployment in the digital space. This will include but is not limited to digital media, digital advertising, corporate identity and advertising, social media and Group digital properties.
- Manage the Media/Digital and other communication Agencies to provide best in class strategic thinking and thought leadership that will drive business results
- Ensure Industry leadership through cutting edge communications, customer engagement strategies and implementations.
- Establish dynamic and consistent positioning, image and presence within the consumer & business markets
- Budget management
- Capture and discern target market mind and media share trend / opportunities.
- Constant liaison with relevant departments and units to ensure seamless use of digital media. Review market and internal conditions and provide Media support to the MTNN Marketing teams and other media needs of the MTNN business.
- Lead the shaping of Media strategies and plans that capitalize on modern trends & opportunities.
- Determine budgets and resource allocation, Monitor projects and ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Support & direct brand teams as they develop media briefs and allocate resources across channels
- Set strategic direction for media campaigns. Strong strategic & thought leadership
- Develop new capabilities within the media team on the Agency side and particularly in new/digital media
- Develop, review and ensure that Media Processes are in line with global best practice
- Identify and deploy unconventional media opportunities and big bets that rapidly grow brand equity
- Develop and execute MTN Nigeria’s strategic digital marketing initiatives to improve the operating efficiencies of the business across all digital media platforms.
- Management of all MTNN web environments as it relates to marketing as well as the functional development of digital platforms including branding, designs, usability, contents, , monetization, conversion points and performance of all MTNN digital assets [specifically around the www.mtn.com and related mobile sites].
- Manage relationship with Finance and ensure funds appropriation and payments.
- Monitor and evaluate relevant media agencies, incorporating revenue generation schemes in owned digital assets.
- Initiate & lead media projects resulting in cost efficiencies & effectiveness to achieve set Media Productivity targets across customer segments
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Identify trainings, development needs and skills enhancement programmes for individual team members.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Regional, national and international travel