RA International School (RAIS) located in Nigeria LNG Residential Area Bonny Island is an International Educational Institute, seeking to engage suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment into the under listed positions. The school follows a broad-based curriculum, following the English Curriculum for Maths and Literacy with Nigerian content included) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for other subjects.
We are searching for exceptional, internationally-minded individuals with the ability of managing multi-cultural teams using an inclusive multi-disciplinary approach, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Special Education Needs Coordinator-SENCO
- To coordinate, organize, manage and teach a caseload of students with specific challenges, such as ASD, SPLD or Global Learning Difficulties in specialist and inclusive settings.
- To plan, coordinate arid deliver leaching and learning based on School Curriculum and International Curriculum and to create a conducive learning environment within the Special Education Needs unit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise teaching, learning and HSE activities within the Special Education Needs Unit through leadership. coaching ad supervision and to ensure a safe and conducive learning environment.
- Lead the team in the LSU including SEN teachers, Speech and Language Therapist and learning support assistants.
- Organize and manage the caseloads to ensure that all children receive the beat possible intervention, and support whether in an LSU group or within the mainstream classroom.
- Implement quality control through supervision, feedback, coaching, mentoring and performance management of teachers within the Special Education Needs. i.e. work with mainstream teachers and parents to identify any specific challenges that a child may demonstrate through observation, and informal assessments. To develop appropriate programmes for each child to facilitate their growth and development in all areas of social development and the curriculum.
- Establish good relationship with stakeholders through prompt communication and follow up of their concerns to ensure that stakeholders are interested in partaking in children’s’ development and school programs e.g. liaise with mainstream class teacher. parents and guardians. Speech and Language Therapist and any other involved professionals to ensure that there is a programme that encompasses the whole child for all who are on their caseload.
- Manage and control pupils’ assessment process in the unit through assessment opportunities, benchmarking and collaboration with other stakeholders and third party verification to improve educational standards. Ensure that all pupils’ records are kept up to date and accurately reflect each child’s learning journey and social development.
- Maintain relevant tools for tracking learning and measuring achievements among children and teachers respectively to sustain effective and efficient teaching and learning process.