GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Solutions Director
- Energy Consulting, a part of GE Energy Connections, offers our global clients (external & internal GE) a wide range of solutions across the entire spectrum of power generation, delivery and utilization.
- Energy Consulting is divided into four Practice Areas: Power Economics, Power Systems Operation and Planning (PSOP), Global Power Projects, and Software.
- Our Power Economics team offers analyses focused on understanding and study of the financial and physical operation of the electric power systems including generation and grid planning, system optimization, asset valuation, competitive power markets and energy policy implications.
- Our Power Systems Operation and Planning team utilizes their deep knowledge of connected power grid planning, design, operation, and life-cycle management, to offer customized solutions to our global clients and other GE businesses.
- The Global Power Projects group supports new and upgraded thermal power plants with grid code testing, PSS settings, and power plant monitors (TSRs and TSAs) as well NPI, model development, field testing, and proposal support for GE Wind projects and proposals.
- The Software COE develops and licenses several different software products and has over 700 users worldwide of EC's Concorda Suite of software tools to assess the economics, performance, and reliability of interconnected power systems.
- Energy Consulting also offers a full range of power system education courses through our Power Systems Engineering Course (PSEC)
- This position is for a Technical Solutions Director/Principal Consultant with a focus on Power Systems Operations & Planning, within Energy Consulting, working across the organization
- Support GE business initiatives related to the systems equipment and services of the business, and provide advisory services to our industry
- Direct and perform power system analysis including: modeling, simulation, and evaluation of design alternatives
- Lead the development/refinement of tools and techniques for power system simulation.
- Effectively communicate results to both internal and external executives by preparing written detailed and summary reports and making presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and customer value propositions
- Identify and cultivate new customers and business opportunities. Develop projects with customers; manage contracts to ensure technical, schedule and cost objectives are met; actively participate in identifying and cultivating new customers and business opportunities; lead preparation of proposals; and make customer presentations
- Actively participate in strategic planning and development of GE product/service offerings and support New Product/Technology Introductions concurrent with GE business needs
- Provide mentoring and help develop/train less experienced staff in a working environment where teamwork, quality, customer service and innovation are highly valued
- Actively participate in Industry forums to promote GE solutions and technology
- Support and help staff the Power Systems and Energy Courses (PSEC)