Candidates for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practicing Librarian
- Possess a good honours Degree and preferably a PhD in Library and Information Science or any other discipline including Computer Science, Statistics, Educational Administration/Planning, Logic etc, from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience, preferably in a University or other institutions of higher learning;
- Have published papers in professionally refereed journals to merit professorial status, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant Computer applications.
Eligibility for Interview
- Only candidates whose age will not be more than (sixty) 60 years on appointment will be short- listed for interview.
Salary and Condition of Service
- Successful candidates shall hold office for a singe term of five years and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his/her letter of appointment.
- Remuneration will be consolidated Salary for University Librarian with NUC approved benefits and allowances as applicable to the Nigeria University system/other benefits/entitlements as approved from time to time by the Governing Council of Samuel Adegboyga University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications, curriculum vitae (including the following below) and photocopies of their credentials.
The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience
- Positions held with dates
- List of publications (if any)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Present Position with Salary
Candidates are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover to the Vice-Chancellor before the closing date.
Application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope with position applied for boldly marked at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Samuel Adegboyega University (SAU),
KM1, Ogwa-Ehor Road,
P. M. B. 001,