Biblica, an organization whose mission is to bring the Bible to people in a way they understand, so that they are transformed by Jesus Christ and become inspired to join His mission for the world, seeks to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Director
To lead and implement Biblica's vision and ministry for West Africa with a special focus on French-speaking Africa
- Overall in-charge of Biblica Ministry in West Africa and French-speaking Africa.
- Leading Biblica's ministry strategy in West Africa through partnerships
- Supervision of Regional programs:
- Liaise with Area Director of translation to initiate and execute translation projects in the region.
- Ensure that Scriptures are brought to as many people as possible in the region through strategic partnerships.
- Ensure that Bible engagement programs are carried out in the region.
- He/she is responsible to provide comprehensive reports on ministry activities in the Region as well as preparing audited accounts for presentation to the AED as well as to the Directors/Advisory Council.
- Resource Mobilization, PR, Fund raising and Ministry support:
- He/she acts as a spokesman for Biblica in the region and maintains a growing network of partners with churches and other Christian organizations working in the region.
- He/she is responsible for securing the necessary resources to enable the ministry to carry out its work in the region.
- He/she is responsible for developing strategies for local fund raising and enlisting prayer and material support of churches and Christians for ministry.
- He/she is responsible for creating a climate for the spiritual and professional development of staff and to maintain a careful stewardship of all ministry resources under his/her charge.
- He/she is responsible for calling meetings of the Directors/Advisory Council as per legal requirements.
- He/she is responsible for preparing annual Budgets and Strategic Plans for the Ministry.
- Assist the Area Director in any other duties which may from time to time be assigned or delegated by him/her.
- The Regional Director reports to the Africa Area Executive Director and consults the Regional Advisory Council.
- Has budget responsibility for the region. He/She will be proactive in keeping to budget and raising potential issues.