Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For 80 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives.
Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria. Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens’ participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response in the Northeast. Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society organizations, development partners, government at all levels and the private sector. Our Humanitarian Response Program is looking for professionals who are experienced, dedicated, passionate and eager to make a difference in the lives of people.
Job Title: Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) Officer - 2 positions
Reports to: Nutrition Coordinator
Duration: 10 Months
Location: Plan International Nigeria, Maiduguri Office
To provide technical support and coordinate tasks at field based emergency nutrition response planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project, responsible for the overall implementation of CMAM in collaboration with other nutrition and SMOH staff and integration with other programs. S/He will facilitate good practice and ensure compliance to applicable implementation of national CMAM guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize OTP at designated OTP sites in liaison with SMoH staff and nutrition coordinator.
- Work closely care group promoter supervisors, care group promoters and lead mothers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to OTP sites.
- Work closely with other partners implementing SC for proper referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at SC level
- Take lead on the CMAM services at fixed and mobile outreach OTP sites
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/SC.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure all children in OTP are immunized according to the national protocols.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to the SC.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
- Through liaison with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems... etc.
- Provide key health and education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the OTP sites.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly
- Provide a daily and weekly CMAM report to the nutrition coordinator.
Min Required Experience: 1 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA or equivalent in nursing, nutrition, Public Health, or related degree desired
- Over one (1) years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF programmes
- Valid and current practicing license. Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Borno State are encourage to apply
Physical Environment and Demands:
Travel extensively to lead and supervise programme activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have frequent
contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Method of Application
Please submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: email@example.com . Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer ad does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Type: Nonprofit
- Headquarters: Plan International Nigeria No. 46 Mike Akhigbe Way Jabi District, Abuja, Nigeria
Plan International is an international organisation or development which works in 51 countries across Africa, the Americas, and Asia to promote the safeguarding of children. It is a nonprofit org...Know More about Plan International