Experience in project planning & control, job scoping, resource planning & management and general job supervision.
Conversant with project/maintenance management systems like PACER, SAP, MS Project, Primavera, Excel, Power Point & Word.
A minimum of 15 years work experience in maintenance support, 5 years of which must have been at superintendent level managing large crews of skilled labour; in particular, the oil and gas sector in the sector in the fields of the plant projects, maintenance, turnarounds.
1. Coordinate the Supervisors, leadsmen, skilled labor, and work crews in all activities concerned with scaffolding works scope.
2. Commands respect of his Field Supervisors, Leadsmen and Scaffolders in his team, and develops excellent working relationships with all other department personnel as well as client management. Able to lead and motivate staff towards a common goal or objective.
3. Must be an excellent communicator. Able to give instructions and transfer knowledge in an efficient and effective way at all levels, client, management, supervision, co‐workers and staff. Liaises with other discipline staff to ensure the optimum interface of the various operational activities, with the overall objective of successful completion assigned work scope.
4. Understands the principles and importance of planning. Monitors and tracks daily progress and work completed, comparing planned to actual. Takes appropriate mitigating action to ensure compliance with the plan, based on knowledge of available manpower, equipment, materials, and in cooperation with planning team and sectional leadership.
5. Ensures that the field supervisors understand and implement the work plan, by explaining and engaging in pro‐ active communication with the crews.
6. Supervises the preparation of three week and one week look‐ahead plans for the scaffolding works, in close liaison with various requestors and the planning team.
7. Reviews quantities of materials received or used during specified periods, in order to minimize wastage and inefficiency.
8. Ensures that all work is in conformity to standards and specifications.
Interprets specifications and discusses deviations from specified scaffolding