SCOPE OF WORK:
The Senior Nutrition Officer is the Sub-focal point for IRC's primary Nutrition care services in Mubi-Adamawa. He/she reports to the Nutrition Manager and ensures full involvement for the implementation of a quality Nutrition program, in accordance with appropriate standards and as well provide support to the Nutrition Manager in identifing program gaps in Nutrition services with immediate solution for further necessary steps to address those gaps. Assist in providing technical support in planning, implementing and monitoring of Nutrition interventions and as well support in system strengthening and promotion of childhood nutrition.
· Provide full support to Nutrition Manager on Project Management cycle
· Deputize for Nutrition Manager when the need arises
· Oversees all field Nutrition team activities and report to manager
· Take charges of some grants T2 lines and monitor their program spending to ensure appropriate compliance.
· With the support of Nutrition Manager, directly supervise all program assistance with regard to their PP and PM Evaluations
· Support the Nutrition team in preparation, selection and conducting training to HW, CHV, Government officials and members of MTMSG
· Monitor weekly and monthly CMAM facility program report to ensure clients admission and discharge criteria are in accordance with the recommended anthropometric protocol and approved sphere standard provision respectively
· With the support of the Nutrition Manager, conduct a support supervision to the CMAM project site for better programming and provision of on the job training to the program related staffs
· Periodic check to OTP/SC program documents to ensure proper documentation on admitted SAM clients files and record
· Support to ensure good coordination with the team and other IRC related program sector.
· Follow Up on Tri-referral transfer channel (Community to clinic, OTP to SC and SC to OTP) to ensure all program patients arrive to the appropriate CMAM site
· Monitor evolving needs of the target communities and adjust the programmatic priorities as necessary.
· Conduct a periodic stock count at both OTP/SC clinics and provide a timely site need forecast to ensure availability and to avoid stock out
Take lead in conducting Community sensitization, Outreach Mobile OTPs, cooking Demonstration and IYCF related activities
Min Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Min Qualification: High School
Desired Courses: Not Specified
· Health and Nutrition related professional ( HND, BSc ) with emphasis on Public Health Nutrition
· Significant experience in nutrition in emergencies.
· At least 2 years professional experience in nutrition (CMAM and IYCF) programming
· Excellent management and supervision skills
- Ability to write clear and concise program reports which meets required deadlines.
- Able to work with little supervision while being a strong team player captain
- Experience and ability to support team and build staff capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook and the internet.
- Fluency in speaking the local languages is necessary
People from Adamawa (Mubi) especially women are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
Interested Applicants should send cover letter and resume in MS word with the position applied for clearly stated. Addressed to the Country Director, International Rescue Committee, Plot 902 Olu Awotesu Street, Abuja sent via Email to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org or hand delivered to either Yola or Mubi Field Office on or before 25th April, 2017. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.