The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190 member National Societies. The Organisation acts before, during and after disasters and health emergences to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
The Africa Regional Business Group is organized through cluster offices covering the National Societies in Eastern Africa, Southern Africa, West Coast, Sahel and Central Africa as well as country offices in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Republic of South Sudan, Chad, Niger, Nigeria, Somalia.
The NS/IFRC carried out several needs and capacity assessment in the last months. As a result of the deteriorating situation, an EPOA was done. This EPoA would target a total more than 300.000 people most in need of urgent assistance, specially IDPs and returnees in the NE States of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe to be assisted with food, water, sanitation and hygiene, education, resilience building, community health services (primary health), psychosocial support (PSS), livelihoods as well as cash transfers.
We are looking to hire qualified and dynamic Nigeria to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Administration and Finance Support Officer
Ref No: IFRC-A-AFSO-005
Location: North East (Yobe and Adamawa)
Contracts Length: 6 Months
Classification Level: TBC
Organizational Unit/ Duty Station: Nigeria Country Cluster Office
Immediate Supervisor's Title: Finance and Administration Delegate
Technical Manager's Title: Finance and Administration Delegate/Regional Finance Unit
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Delegate, the Administration and Finance Support Officer will:
- Ensure that the IFRC’s Minimum Administration Requirements are follow up.
- Assist and support the Finance and Administration Delegate in the financial management of the Nigeria operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Administration and Finance Support Officeris responsible for:
Any administration related matter of the Nigeria operation
- In charge of work permit exemptions, visas, diplomatic cards, driving licences for all delegates, staff or visitors for the Nigeria operation.
- Provide protocol services for high-level visitations, missions, receptions and diplomatic functions
- Supervising the drafting of all outgoing correspondence, including notes verbal, letters to various local entities and host authorities, and reviewing and assigning all incoming correspondences
- Ensure prompt and high quality service delivery
- Work closely with the CCST for all related issues with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria, Foreign missions, ICRC, the UN and other external relations.
B.) Welcome & Travel:
- Hotel bookings, airport transfers,
- Manage travel and accommodation issues in collaboration with the Abuja CCST Administration officer.
- Maintain proper records for office assets by each operation employee ( will later be handed over to the Admin Officer at the end of the operation)
- Advice the team on the most cost effective and convenient travel itineraries
C.) Housing and office facilities:
- Settle incoming Delegates, by searching for houses, identifying and negotiating rental terms
- Maintenance of existing houses: includes major and minor renovations in collaboration with the Administration Officer of the Abuja CCST.
- Ensure proper maintenance of office equipment, office repairs related to the operation
- Management of office electricity and telephone lines, this includes fixed and mobile lines, monitoring monthly usage and timely payment in collaboration with the Abuja CCST team.
- Maintain the stock of office supplies and stationaries and timely delivery to uses to the operation team.
Any financial and cashier management related to the Nigeria operation
- Assist the Finance and Administration Delegate in the financial management and control of the Nigeria operation
- Follow up on bank transactions and request bank statements
- Provide support for the accounting and ensure timely implementation of the financial management circle of the Nigerian National Red Cross Society
- Provide support for the disseminated and respect by all the operation staffs of the IFRC Finance rules
- Contribute to the regular back-ups of the accounting software and accountant computer
- Proceed to the operation accounting entries under the supervision of the Finance Delegate
- Contribute to the timely financial reporting to the PMER and other departments and to relevant stake holders
- Maintain and ensure that all reports of income and expenditure of the NRCS and all programs at the operation’ areas are kept.
- Ensure that all financial document relating to disbursement have gone through approval process before final disbursement
- In charge of the proper custody and control of the money kept in the safe/cashbox.
- Plans and requests daily cash needs for payments from FIN & ADMIN Coordinator
- Makes payment to the operation’s staffs (per diem of employees, working advances for managers), invoices or receipts for expenses duly approved by the person responsible
- Ensures that all supporting documents for cash payments are complete with the necessary signatures and payments duly acknowledged.
- Checks that all commitments and accounting data has been made by Finance & Admin delegate and the Head of Nigeria Operation programs/projects before accepting settlements of working advances.
- Reports immediately to his Supervisor all problems, discrepancies or wrong doings
- Compute and record totals of the daily transactions to be entered into the accounting software
- Does a complete cash control on a daily basis, keeps records of cash movement during the day and prepares the Daily Cash Position Report after cash office is closed making sure that actual cash on hand is accounted and all other receipts/invoices are intact.
- Update files and keeps all pending working advances and invoices in a safe place.
- Forwards the Daily Cash Position Report and supporting documents to the Finance & Admin delegatefor daily control before entries into the accounting.
- Sorts and accounts for mutilated and old notes (both USD and Naira) and makes report and liaise with the Finance & Admin delegateto be changed with the bank for new notes.
- Prepare the monthly payroll of the operation's staffs
- Make all relevant deductions and charges are made and submit to the finance and administration delegate's validation before remitting them to the respectively statutory authorities for payment
- Perform the daily cash movement and petty cash operations
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat's goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Relevant university degree in Management
- Holder of a Certified Public Accounting degree with specialized training in related field is an asset
- A Minimum of 3 years' experience in leading and managing Finance as Accountant
- A Minimum of 3 years' professional experience working with local or international non- governmental organization
- Very good leadership skills and confirmed financial management experience
- Experience of working with National Societies
- Basic leadership and management skills
- Strong experience in cash management showing rigorous controlling methods
Knowledge and Skills
- Self-supporting in computers
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Very good computer skills and command of standard Microsoft office tools; emphasis in excel
- Motivated self-started personality, sense of responsibility and organization skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Flexibility and ability to travel in the operation's areas
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Competencies (to be filled in by HR):
- National Society relations
- Communication - Teamwork
- Professionalism - Integrity - Diversity
- Results focus and accountability
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter (with 03 referees professional email-addresses + phone contacts) quoting the Reference Number on the subject title of the mail.
Note: No hand delivered applications will be accepted.