The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) is the oldest and largest Commonwealth intergovernmental organisation in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Being fully involved in the development and use of ICTs for social and economic development, the management of the organisation recognise that it must stay at the cutting edge of ICT developments in order to deliver significant benefits to its members.
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) in collaboration with the CTO London, United Kingdom, seeks to recruit Commonwealth employees who are committed to the vision and mission of the CTO, and the wider development of the Commonwealth in the capacity below:
Job Title: Assistant Events Officer
Location: 64 - 66 Glenthorne Road London, W6 0LR
Reporting To: Manager, Events
Hours of work: 40 hours per week including one unpaid hour for lunch each day.
- To work as part of the Events division to deliver high-quality events.
- To deliver international, regional and national events aimed at raising awareness and building capacity of stakeholders in the use of information and communication technologies for development
- Posts that this job manages: None
- This role also requires a close working relationship with the Marketing and Communications team
Note: The incumbent shall work such additional time beyond the contractual minimum as may reasonably be required to fulfill the organisation’s work requirements. Staff Handbook #2.5.
- Provide administrative and communication support for CTO events
- Coordinate the production of events by external producers
- Monitor the development of the post-event internal report and rapporteur’s report
- Assist in the organising of events and attend to all matters relating to and/or ancillary to the successful conduct of the event
- Liaise with CTO sales and marketing officers on event marketing, promotion, publicity, sales and related campaigns
- Undertake analysis of feedback of participants after each event and within 2 weeks after each event including satisfaction rating, based on feedback from participants.
- Undertake any other duties in his/her speciality that may be assigned by the Secretary-General.
- Undertaking administration work relating to events including mailouts
- Contributing to event marketing activities including press releases and promotions through social media
- Coordinating the production of events by external producers
- Preparation of analysis of feedback by participants of events, within 2 weeks after each event including satisfaction rating, based on feedback from participants
- Assisting in database development for delegate and sponsorship marketing and of supporting partner