Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. With more than 3,900 humanitarian workers employed, and an average of 180 projects per year across 25 countries throughout Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, COOPI is the biggest Italian NGO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) Officer
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) Officer will provide support to COOPI programs implemented towards IDPs in NE Nigeria (FSL, nutrition & child protection) in the management of the beneficiary and stakeholders complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- S/he will ensure that mechanisms are in place in all COOPI programmes to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, and in collaboration with the Field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Ensure operationalization of established feedback/accountability mechanism.
- Management of the hotline system for feedback mechanism
- Reporting and referrals of cases reported through the CRM
- Timely feedback to program teams in the field on complaints and concerns raised by communities on project activities.
- Maintenance of an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences and other related documents for quick and easy reference.
- Send recommendations and practical procedures for reviewing and resolving complaints to the Project Manager
- Communicate and disseminate complaints handling procedures, policies and tools as appropriate to beneficiaries, project staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate recording of all the data related to the callers in the hotline data base
- Address the queries of callers based on setup hotline while respecting ethical and professional standards
- Analyze data and submit internal and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects on weekly basis
- Accurately refer cases promptly internally within the departments of the COOPI
- Communicate complaints handling procedures, policies and tools to beneficiaries, project staff and other stakeholders
- Conduct regular spot-checks of BNF awareness on the CRM procedures
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the programs/projects.
- Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)