Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa. We are currently looking for a Deal Analyst for a client of ours, who is a Private Equity Investment Firm.
To ensure proper screening of the investment applications and that investment proposals are in strict compliance with the company’s “Viability Model as well as Investment Strategy and Policy Framework.
To research all aspects of fund investment target industries, Infra funds in general and other assignments as developed around the needs of the fund team. The primary responsibility is to analyze projects for investment decisions to enable acceptance for presentation to investment committee. Reports to Chief Investment Officer and Chief Executive Officer
· Assists in the Market efforts of the Heads of Deals Origination via pitch preparation and update of market commentary.
· Prepares marketing materials, presentations and Confidential Information Memorandum
· Screens application from deals origination team to ensure compliance with the company’s Viability Model, investment strategy and policy framework.
- Produces structured finance models and investment instruments, power point presentations, written analyses, research, financial statement analysis
· Identifies key investment strength, risk and mitigants in event-driven transactions.
· Acts as point person for the preparation and management of the financial model for each investment and deals in market, including responding effectively to questions from Risk as well as the rest of the fund team.
· Collects and records impact data and ensures data integrity, in line with the company’s impact data strategy and policy
- Prepares periodic reports on the performance of portfolio companies to the senior management
- Assists in the development of new and innovative financing structures,
- Undertakes extensive and detailed Financial Modelling that involves the following, and not limited to
• Fixed Income Analysis
• Financial Planning
• Research Methodology
• Quantitative Investment Analysis
• Portfolio Management
· Conducts project feasibility and economic cost-benefit analysis on submitted bids or proposals to guide senior management in taking “Stop/Go” decisions.
· Advises on the company’s investment policies, processes and procedures
· Conducts research on all aspects of the prospective investment company and industry
· Prepares research reports for the fund and external stakeholders, particularly pension fund investors
· Assist other team members with analysis and tasks where necessary
· Developing financial model templates in conjunction with fund auditor to ensure: Compliance with auditor valuation model, flexibility of template for fast analysis of new investments, ease of use for all fund team members, underlying code/macros that are robust and easy to edit, clean and clear presentation of all inputs and outputs.