The N-Power Volunteer Corps is the post-tertiary engagement initiative for Nigerians between 18 and 35. It is a paid volunteering programme of a 2-year duration. The graduates will undertake their primary tasks in identified public services within their proximate communities.
All N-Power Volunteers are entitled to computing devices that will contain information necessary for their specific engagement, as well as information for their continuous training and development.
In 2016, the Federal Government engaged 200,000 N-Power Volunteers. In 2017, the Federal Government is enlisting 300,000 more. The June 2017 Application is only open to the Graduate Category- the N-Power Volunteer Corps.
N-Power volunteers will provide teaching, instructional, and advisory solutions in 4 key areas.
Programme: N-POWER VAIDS
The N-Power VAIDS Seeks to encourage non-compliant and partially compliant taxpayers to voluntarily declare their correct income
The Voluntary Asset and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS) seeks to encourage non-compliant and partially compliant taxpayers to voluntarily declare their correct income and assets and pay the appropriate tax due to the government.
A minimum of 3,700 N-Power VAIDS volunteers will be selected to assist in attaining the objectives of VAIDS, working with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Joint Tax Board. The N-Power VAIDS volunteers will function as community tax liaison officers and will have the following key responsibilities which will include tax promotion, document review, record keeping, answering online inquiries, customer management, report writing, amongst others.
Ultimately, N-Power VAIDS volunteers can aspire to a life-long career in finance or allied fields. Possible destinations include:
- Tax Assessor/ Collector.
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Auditor
- Legal and Compliance Manager
Min Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
- Unemployed graduates or non graduates
- Currently Unemployed
- Must be a graduate (Bachelors or Higher National Diploma)
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps Programme
- Aged 18-35
Selection Preference Disciplines:
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Economics, Law, Finance, Psychology and other allied disciplines in the social sciences.
Knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Good written and spoken English
- Good phone etiquette
- Excellent Analytical and Diagnostic aptitude
- knowledge of tax laws and administration in Nigeria