COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Officer
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Field Officer will be responsible for the management and implementation of COOPI’s Cash and Voucher (FFP) funded projects in Yobe & Borno for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable Host Populations.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Food Security Coordinator and in collaboration with the Project Manager, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Undertake Cash and Voucher interventions at LGA level under the direction of the Food Security Coordinator
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and trainings during community led Cash activities;
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities and provide information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during implementation of activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of conditional and unconditional cash transfers planned activities
- Support in the implementation of capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Implement detailed work plan for FSL team at LGA level activities.
- Collect information and data on food security at LGA level through surveys, assessments and regular post distribution monitoring of beneficiary households
- Collect information to ensure that the surveillance of the cash transfer situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result..
- Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools that the department uses
- Participate in the registration and distribution of beneficiary ID cards and / vouchers,
- Support the preparation of documentation required for the implementation of field activities
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level)
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries
- Implement sensitisation activities for targeted communities about Cash Transfer and strengthening livelihood restoration activities with support from SEMA, Extension workers, Community Volunteers, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders in feasible livelihood restoration activities at LGA level.
- Support in the verification of the beneficiaries to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable population is verified before Cash transfer is made.
- Support the Supervisor in ensuring that targeting of beneficiaries to receive cash transfers is carried out in a transparent way and with active participation of women and minority members of communities.
- Facilitate good working relationship between government workers and target beneficiaries.
- Support the Supervisor to ensure that beneficiaries’ access to the provider guarantees protection and gender sensitivity in the field key activities
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.