Management Alternatives Limited - Our client is a professionally managed ISO 9001 certified technology company that is involved in data management, process automation, software development, IT support and collection of taxes for governments at all level. As part of consolidation and expansion of its operation in Nigeria, it requires the services of competent and qualified personnel for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reference Code: MAL/OFM/001
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
- Under the supervision of the COO, the Finance and Accounts Manager will be in charge of the Finance and Accounts department and the entire team.
- He /She will be responsible for performing cost accounting functions, capturing income, generating financial report, budgeting, filing, taxation, business recommendations and other finance and accounting related issues in the Organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly overseeing the Management Accountant to ensure the timely delivery of Management Accounts to the company's Group Board of Directors.
- Defining, implementing and monitoring effective financial data management systems.
- His functions included but not limited to ensuring that the Finance & Accounting tasks are completed accurately and according to deadline schedule for his team
- Coordinate the collation of all vouchers and post using appropriate code in the accounting software.
- Reconciling all bank accounts, field operations work and reporting on all monthly.
- Analyzing current financial performance relative to previous years and re-aligning the company's financial decisions as needed.
- Oversee and ensure the processing of payroll for all staff, administer employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
- Working closely with the Operations Department to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Administer and monitor the day to day financial systems of the organization
- Providing advice to the COO on critical financial matters and communicating these in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Responsible for the supervision of the Account team and ensuring the daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately and timely
- Maintain client’s data base
- Ensure all cash items are recorded and resolved daily; variance is resolved same day
- Review journal entries for appropriate supporting documentation, remarks, account and amount
- Appropriate and timely communication with departmental units; provide adhoc reports as requested
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Responsible for accounts receivable activities; invoicing, statements and aging
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet work papers; ensure activity is appropriate
- Prepare and review of financial statements and expenses
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards
- Review all ledger account reconciliations to include: bank statements, assets, liabilities and credit cards.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Min Required Experience: 7 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Education Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- A First degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have an Audit background
- 7-10 years relevant work experience in finance and audit.
- Must be ICAN or ACCA Certified
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple task.
- Excellent Knowledge of Accounting policies and Procedures
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite (esp. Excel)
- Proficiency in the use of Accounting Software
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT Skills
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Managements Accounts is essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one page personal profile and CV's as a single word document the subject of the mail should be the "Job Title-Job Code"
- Applicants must be resident in Abuja
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to email@example.com
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
6 Positions - Not Specified
6 Positions - Not Specified