Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change. Together we are working to achieve our vision of 'a just world without poverty' and to be a powerful partner in global and local communities of people connected for change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer (D1 - National)
Location: Abuja (With possible travel to North East)
- The Finance Officer will support the delivery of all financial management functions according to Oxfam financial Manual , including but not limited to petty cash management, time sheet recording, monthly payroll processing and the monitoring of financial activities and requirement as they are relate specifically to Oxfam relationship with partner organisation.
- She will check all expense supporting documentation to ensure compliance with organisation policies and related law, prior to obtaining approvals and payment processing.
- S/he will be coordinating and act as focal point for issues relating to finance at country office and the field office.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Financial Planning, Budgeting and Reporting:
- Review budget, activity plans and partnership agreements to ensure compliance with donor requirement and Oxfam policies and procedures
- Produce accurate, complete and consistent financial accounts, comments and supporting documentation for inclusion in project budget planning.
- Coordinates with Compliance Manager on the finance implementation of the grants implemented by counterparts.
- Prepares monthly financial progress reports (budget monitoring reports) for ongoing projects, and provide all relevant parties with effective budget analysis.
Financial Transaction and Cash Management:
- Ensure the management of cash and treasury including timely and accurate payments of suppliers and locally hired short and long term staff. Ensure cash and banks accounts are regularly reconciled. Manage and oversee projects inventory, capital equipment and issues related to offices and guest houses management
- Check accuracy, completeness and validity of financial data before payment and posting into Finance system.
Financial Control & Risk Management:
- Support the development of risk mitigation strategies in order to eliminate loss or fraud
- Carry out financial / compliance risk assessment of financial and organisational systems of partner organisation according to Oxfam's partner assessment tools, in line with donor requirement.
Donor and Partner Management:
- Proactively review and identify any potential issues which would interfere with reporting requirements and/or meeting compliance standards and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Visit partner organisation to fully understand the context and operating environment they work in to ensure effective support is provided.